Porridge / Oats
September 23, 2018
• Amounts given below are in a range; a small portion for smaller people or a large portion for taller, larger framed people.
- 1/3 to ½ cup dry rolled or steel cut oats
- 50-100 grams high-protein yoghurt – eg. Greek Yoghurt, Anchor Protein+ OR ½ cup calci-trim milk
- 15-30 grams nuts, seeds or nut butter eg. Almonds, walnuts, pumpkin or chia seeds
- 1 tbsp to ½ cup fresh or frozen berries or 1 tbsp Viberi blackcurrant powder
- Cinnamon (optional)
- Step 1 Bring water to a boil. Boil twice the water as the amount of oats you are using, e.g. If you are using 1/3 cup oats, use 2/3 cups of boiling water
- Step 2 When on a rolling boil, add the dry oats to the pot and stir
- Step 3 Turn to low heat and cook for a few more minutes, stirring occasionally
- Step 4 Serve frozen berries into a bowl
- Step 5 Pour cooked oats over frozen fruit and serve yoghurt and nuts or seeds or swirl in 1 tbsp of peanut butter or almond butter. Yum!