Pesto Courgette Noodles With Prawns
A super quick and easy dinner to whip up! Just make sure you have some pesto and frozen prawns around and a few fresh zucchini and that's all you need. It's a lighter version than using pasta. You'll feel satisfied but not too full by swapping out the starchy carbs (pasta) for veggies (zucchini noodles)!
- 4 courgettes, spiralized or sliced thinly
- 350 grams fresh or frozen prawns (tails and heads removed)
- 100-150 grams basil pesto
- Small punnet of cherry tomatoes
- 50 grams parmesan or feta, grated or crumbed
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided into 2
- salt and pepper
- one lemon
- Step 1 Cut ends off courgettes. Use a spiralizer to turn washed courgettes into noodles or slice thinly with a vegetable peeler. Add salt and pepper and set aside.
- Step 2 Chop the tomatoes in half.
- Step 3 Shave or grate parmesan and put aside.
- Step 4 After letting sit for 5 minutes, squeeze out the excess water from the courgette through a muslin or paper towel.. be careful not to tear it!
- Step 5 Heat a frying pan and add 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Step 6 Season shrimp with salt and pepper and cook in pan until just done – 2-3 minutes. If fresh then only until the colour has changed. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Step 7 Add the remaining oil and garlic and cook for a minute before adding the courgette noodles and cook for 2-7 minutes (depending on the heat of your pan) seasoning with salt and pepper. Do not overcook!
- Step 8 Add the prawns, tomatoes and pesto and stir.
- Step 9 Cook and stir until all is mixed and heated through. Not too long or the noodles will be overcooked.
- Step 10 Portion into bowls and sprinkle the cheese on each serving and serve with a slice of lemon