Naked Fish Tacos
A fresh and light option for a wrap without the wrap! Perfect if you're trying to lose weight. If you want the carbs, (and there's nothing wrong with that!) just add in the wraps or a handful per person of cooked rice or quinoa.
- 170-300 grams white fish per person
- packet taco seasoning
- handful fresh cilantro, chopped and divided into 3 piles
- one mango, diced
- 1 avocado, diced and divided in half
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/2 red capsicum, diced
- one red pepper, seeds removed and finely diced, (optional)
- 100 grams Greek yoghurt
- a little water
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp or spray of olive oil (for cooking)
- Step 1 Marinade fish in taco seasoning, 1 tbsp lime juice and one pile of the cilantro. Let sit for 20 minutes in the fridge.
- Step 2 To make the salsa, mix together 1/2 the avocado, mango, red onion, diced capsicum, 1 tbsp lime juice and a bunch of the cilantro, (red pepper) and stir.
- Step 3 Grill or pan fry the fish until it is no longer opaque in the middle and flakes apart easily.
- Step 4 Make the dressing by blending together 1/2 the avocado, the cilantro, the yoghurt and garlic. Add a bit of water if it doesn’t flow off the spoon.
- Step 5 Serve by layering the lettuce, fish, salsa and add the dressing on top.