Israeli Couscous with Chicken and Pesto
This recipe originated from me throwing some ingredients together I had left over in the fridge. I had some roast chicken and wanted to use that as my protein for a quick lunch. As with most of my recipes, it’s extremely quick and simple to make. There are only 3 basic ingredients; a protein source such as chicken, seafood or fish; any type of pasta or couscous, and your favourite vegetables. You simply throw it all together with some pesto. As with many recipes, you can exchange one protein for another and one vegetable for another, depending on your taste preferences. On the day I made this meal, this particular combination really hit the mark, so I wanted to share it with you. Comment below if you’ve made a different combination
- ½ cup dry Israeli Couscous, cooked according to package instructions
- 200 grams of left-over roast chicken, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 courgette, grated
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cloves garlic
- Spray of olive oil
- 2 heaped tbsp pesto
- Grated parmesan to serve, optional
- Step 1 Cook the couscous, rinse and set aside
- Step 2 Put the chicken pieces along with some garlic and a spray of oil into a pan and gently heat.
- Step 3 Add the grated courgette and tomatoes in the pan for the last minute
- Step 4 Combine the couscous, chicken, courgette and tomatoes in a large bowl and toss together with the pesto.
- Step 5 Serve in bowls with a sprinkle of parmesan on top.