Greek Steak Salad
February 14, 2019
: 10 min
: 7 min
: Super Easy
Feel like a BBQ? It's so refreshing and satisfying to throw something on the BBQ and combine it with a cool salad. Perfect for a warm summer evening.
- 100-250 grams of steak per person
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 package romaine or other lettuce, washed and broken
- 1/2 English cucumber, quartered and sliced
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes or 2-3 regular tomatoes, sliced
- 150 grams crumbed feta
- small red onion, sliced thinly
- 20 black olives
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp dijon or wholegrain mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 100 mls extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Step 1 Bring the steak to room temperature before cooking. Heat up the BBQ or a pan on the stovetop and add olive oil. Add steak to the hot pan and season with salt and pepper. For a medium rare steak, cook 7-9 minutes, turning once. Set aside.
- Step 2 Whisk together or stir with a spoon the balsamic vinegar and the mustard. Add the garlic and the brown sugar, then gradually add the oil in little by little whilst whisking or stirring vigorously.
- Step 3 In a large bowl add the lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, feta, olives and red onion. Toss. Thinly slice the steak across the grain and place on top of the salad for serving.