Do you ever just really feel like something light, fresh and juicy for dinner? A fresh fruit salad is just the thing. Of course it can be a fabulous, refreshing dessert as well. It’s great to depart from the “normal” idea of what a dinner should be occasionally and give your body what it craves. That might be a fruit salad with yoghurt, or a head of steamed broccoli with a bit of butter and fried halloumi, or a simple fillet of salmon on rice. It’s nice sometimes to have a breakfast for dinner, or even the other way around. Or, it could be a carb-heavy meal if you’ve been reducing carbs. As long as you have your nutritional bases covered for the day or even the week, it’s fine to allow yourself some creative freedom of choice in your foods. Go for it!
- One green apple
- One-two cups purple grapes
- One punnet strawberries
- 1/3 cup pomegranate seeds (optional)
- 2-3 mandarins
- 2 green kiwifruit
- 1 cup yoghurt of your choice, (Greek yoghurt or high protein yoghurt are good choices)
- Small handful of mixed seeds, like sunflower seeds, chia and/or pumpkin
- ½ squeezed lemon or 1 tsp lemon juice
- Step 1 Wash and then cut up all the fruit into bite-sized pieces and pile in a big bowl.
- Step 2 Sprinkle on a little lemon juice.
- Step 3 Serve either with yoghurt already stirred in or dolloped over fruit and seeds sprinkled on top before serving.