Friday Night Eggs
February 21, 2019
: Super Easy
- 4 eggs
- a bit of milk (optional)
- Veggies - any that you like and have on hand will do! I like onions, garlic, mushrooms, capsicum, cherry tomatoes and spinach
- 40 grams of Edam or feta cheese
- A non-stick pan is better
- Olive oil or 1/2 tbsp butter
- salt and pepper
- Shiracha, chili flakes or tomato relish
- slice of avocado
- Step 1 Chop your favourite veggies. If they need a bit more cooking than heating through, then either steam them quickly or cook them in the frying pan first. I’d put the onions, then mushrooms and garlic in and cook in a spray of oil for a few minutes.
- Step 2 Stir up the eggs and milk vigorously and then stir in the spinach, season with salt and pepper and pour onto the cooked veggies in a medium, not-too-hot pan.
- Step 3 Tilt the pan, pull the egg in from the sides and then let the liquid egg fill in the spaces.
- Step 4 Add the tomatoes.
- Step 5 Once it’s almost cooked on top, add a bit of feta or Edam cheese, remove from heat and let it melt.
- Step 6 Serve with a bit of tomato chutney or relish or a nice Shiracha hot sauce and a slice of avocado on the side. Dinner in under 10 minutes!