Chinese Lettuce Wraps / San Choi Bau
Surprisingly tasty and ever so simple. Great for a really fast dinner, once you know how to make it! My version has added veggies for a more nutrient-filled dinner.
- 500 grams turkey or pork mince
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small brown onion, diced
- 12 large lettuce leaves, cleaned and separated
- 1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot or courgette, grated
- Large handful beansprouts
- 1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- handful chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 1/2 lime or lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted peanuts (optional)
- Step 1 Heat large, deep frying pan or wok on high heat and add olive oil.. Add in garlic, onion, red capsicum and carrot and cook for 2 -3 minutes. Then add turkey or pork mince. Cook for another 3-4 minutes until pork or turkey changes colour.
- Step 2 Add all the sauces and cook while stirring in for another 2-3 minutes. Add in lime or lemon juice and sesame oil. Stir in beansprouts.
- Step 3 Spoon mixture into lettuce leaves. Top with cilanto and peanuts and serve with lots of paper towel!