Asparagus with Mushrooms and Halloumi
October 25, 2018
: 15 min
- 1 bunch of asparagus, chopped into lengths of about 5-7 cm
- 4 portobello mushrooms
- 50-70 grams halloumi, cut into small pieces
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- Spray of olive oil
- 1 -2 tsp butter
- Salt and pepper
- Chilli flakes (optional)
- Step 1 Cook mushrooms in the oil and butter on medium heat for about 10 minutes until well browned, turning each 4-5 minutes. Seasoning with salt and pepper while cooking.
- Step 2 Steam the asparagus, using a steamer for about 5 minutes. ** Be careful not to overcook and check tenderness along the way. Asparagus should be bright green and still crispy. It will also be cooked a bit more in the pan, so underdone will be better. Promptly remove the asparagus from the pot when done to avoid cooking it further.
- Step 3 Add the garlic and asparagus into the pan with the mushrooms, adding a bit more butter if too dry. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Step 4 Add in the pieces of halloumi to the pan and cook all together for 5 minutes adding salt and pepper and optional chilli flakes.
- Step 5 Serve in a bowl for everyone to nibble on while the rest of dinner is cooking. Or serve as a side along with your main meal